Charlie Emmons is a versatile, friendly and energetic drummer.
Charlie has gained a world wide following, since his initial success with The Mini Band, whose video from a performance of Metallica’s ‘Enter Sandman’ went viral.
Charlie was commissioned by Mars for a series of YouTube adverts. He has also worked on an international cinema release for Vertigo Films and has IMDB credit. Charlie has appeared on a number of TV shows including being featured on BBC South Today, Sky News, various international news stations including 1TV R1 (Russia), and winning the award winning children’s TV show ‘The Slammer’.
Not one to limit his talents to the camera lens, Charlie’s recent live performances have included; Reading Festival, Victorious Festival, Godney Gathering (Glastonbury), Weyfest Music Festival, Blissfield’s Festival. Recently, Charlie has been working as a freelance artist for Sapphire on her UK and Ireland Academy tour supporting Bars and Melody and also Union J at London's O2 Indigo.
Charlie is proud to endorse Los Cabos Drumsticks, Spaun Drum Company and Scymtek Cymbals. He is currently studying Performance Drumming at the world renowned Academy of Contemporary Music, in Guildford.
Charlie’s YouTube success, both individually and through his close links with Newbury Rock School and collaborations with other artists now counts to ten's of millions of video views, and is rising by the day.
Charlie is working hard to further pursue a career in performance drumming and the varied opportunities of the music and entertainment business. It seems the future is very bright for this young talent in all aspects of entertainment.
Charlie is available for all types of freelance drum work, from individual recording, performance or full national and international touring. Charlie is also available for film and TV work.
Charlie's highlights include:
- The youngest drummer ever to have performed at Reading Festival, playing to a rammed ‘Pitt Stage’
- Given a coveted 5K’s by Kerrang! Magazine
- Gifted a full drum kit and cymbals from Lars Ulrich, drummer for the legendary, Metallica
- Grand Finalist at the Live & Unsigned music competition, playing at the London O2
- Met Dream Theatre on stage at London’s Wembley Arena and played Mike Mangini's drum kit
- Drummed for Sapphire on her UK and Ireland Academy Tour, Victorious Festival 2018 and Union J support at London O2 Indigo.
- Spaun Drum Company ‘Custom’ Maple shell drum kit
- Tama Silverstar Birch drum kit
- Roland TD9KV E drum kit (mesh head) with additional tom and cymbal
- DW 9000 Drum hardware
- Tama RoadPro hardware
- A range of Scymtek Modern and Xtreme cymbals
- A range of Zildjan Cymbals
LP Cajon, egg shaker, block, etc.